Maintenance Supervisor (Electrician)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and dynamically growing integrated poultry producer which provides opportunities for collaborative team based working, learning, and career development opportunities, together with attractive and competitive remuneration packages.
As the company continues its growth, a vacancy has arisen within our NEW "State of the Art" Darwalla Hatchery Operation at Allora, Qld for an enthusiastic individual to join us as Maintenance Supervisor (Electrician) on a Permanent Full-Time basis. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Hatchery Manager and will be responsible for ensuring the machinery is in the best possible working order by inspections, scheduled preventative maintenance and unscheduled maintenance processes. The successful candidate must be hard working, highly motivated and committed, display a high level of attention to detail, be versatile and hands on, a good communicator and must be responsible and reliable as you will be required to cover on call duties on a rostered basis.
This salaried position is based on 38 hours per week and rostered on call duties. The successful applicant should have a flexible approach to working overtime as and when required.
- The incumbent must hold a current Electrical Mechanic licence and is a pre-requisite of the role
- Instrumentation and Process control experience
- Industrial experience
- Experience using Robots highly advantageous but not essential as training will be given
- Experience using MEX or CMMS advantageous but not essential as training will be given
- Must have good computer skills
Examples of duties are as follows:
- Inspections and preventative maintenance of Hatchery machinery and equipment.
- Maintenance and repair work of hatchery interior/exterior structures, hatchery equipment, and related fixtures and utilities of the hatchery
- Check and maintain the emergency generator
- Routine inspections of hatchery reverse osmosis water system, water pumps, flow structures, water treatment facilities and water filters
- Liaise / schedule and supervise external contractors
- On call duties on a rostered basis
The poultry industry has very strict bio-security and animal welfare standards, so all employees are restricted from keeping pet birds, poultry and pigs.
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply by the Seek link below or complete your detailes below, no later than 30th April 2018. Enquiries to be directed to Michelle Watts on 07 3822 0550.
The Darwalla Group is a well established and progressive organisation that understands its employees make a valuable contribution to the success of the business.
We offer the opportunity to gain experience across a wide range of sections in the poultry processing industry with a company experiencing constant growth. Our mentoring program is designed to develop our people to ensure succession within the organisation.
Our employees are recognised throughout the industry as being leaders in their field and highly trained poultry production experts.
- Competitive pay rates
- Industry training
- Commitment to the Health and Safety of all employees
- Access to parking on-site